Saturday, July 4, 2009

Animals and Children

I saw myself
fumbling around,
bumbling over piles of clothes
and yawning.
washing my face
and rewashing my face,
dressing
and redressing.
sifting through the delays
my voice
saying the usual saying.

I set down a plate,
leaning passed the glass wall
and a pair of fat eyes
appended me
'Ill speak with you in a moment'.

like an object of consideration,
calculating the yawns
and the piles of clothes
the delays
I fainted a bit into the cloth,
'How significant is a rose to you?'
he asked.

it meant nothing to me
but I lost my lungs
during the pause,
the consultation-
a lull before a bombardment
of truth.

strengths and weaknesses
formed a palpable diagram-
which floated around
making emphatic notions,
sweeping below the orange
dangling fixtures,
decoyed words
like smoke.

the pros and cons and
light and dark spaces
from the bulbs,
whichever, selectively died.

the space
changed like a seasonal tree
going from lovely to lifeless
within just a few
songs on the table.

'don't tell her what I've told you
but you will because I know you'.
and I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment