Friday, June 12, 2009

Internalization

For the ignorance of talking traffic signs
I draw shades and retreat into my mind.

A man in a blazer and beret
pressed a tape recorder to his ear.
the switching of buttons sounded
like a bird slurping a straw.

everybody sort of listened
and I decided I'd like to pass
someone in the act of graffiti.
I pretended the man was just
a bird, sipping on a coke.

How can THIS be June?
Declined temperatures and greys blanketing puddles
pisses everyone off.

All of the bricks on all of the shoulders
have different inscriptions though.

I go back and forth and back and forth
but realize how alluring it is to disappear.
POOF.

I used to enter a room arms flailing-
I prefer to sneak through the back
on my toes now. 'tip tip tip'...

when you descend the stairs,
imagine just a tumble.
Probably sometime soon,
maybe we could make some decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment