Friday, June 12, 2009

perception pillow

I read a book through hail
those filmy pages were thrown up muck.
We j walked and you kissed me on the double yellow lines,
some car honked on the next block for that
point two second brake
"what does that even mean" you said.

The view of afternoon was
exaggerated by the telephone lines
and linear trees,
like two walls of a dead end.

half close eyes made the
black cat white speckled
and I thought of dualism
and how I perceived reality in that explanation.

I painted a napkin and folded it
three times.
that hole in the wall beckoned me like a vacuum.
once inside something whispered
'there's no need to be down here'
I ran.

I pondered opening the French doors
when suddenly Spanish wrestling blared
from the speakers. 'eres mio.'
I hated myself for becoming upset
and when i woke in the morning
on the stiff hotel bed
a turquoise ring was under my back.
-atomic branding.

I placed a net over the minds and a note popped out.
it read-
laugh and be laughed at, asshole.

1 comment: