Friday, June 12, 2009

Kelley

Our first snap was the ultra sound shot,
then that day in the park.
your hand was on my shoulder and in your
buck teeth and striped blue tank top
you looked drunk.

I was always first class when we played Titanic
Although I don't know why-
Because I'm the one who smoked the cigarette butts,
pissed in your wind pants pocket on the mountain,
and blew my nose into a leaf all over your neighborhood.
I was cool.

Like that night I dressed up as a pumpkin and
turned a funny story into the tangent that wouldn't end
or when I slapped you across the face in Mrs. Larabee's room
and we can't remember why.

We cheated on our homework together too-
she caught us faking 99's on that impossible shit
when everybody else failed. woops.

Then we went to Baltimore and got high on the Gap-
like the climbing wall
the happy song,
and showing off our trampoline dance
that was just terrible.

No one figured it out that we could balance
on those giant balls- or that when I'd push you
through the hills in that stroller
you were smoking,
dressed up as a baby.

You chugged 7 beers when we were 7
and played college with my boat as our dorm.
We sort of both do live on the waves.
My bike was my car and that's still true too.

We'd make believe about boyfriends and shopping
playing shark underneath my paddle boat
but you didn't like it because diving scared you,
still does.

That Christmas at my house your pigtail braids froze
when we painted the snow pink
and my parents wouldn't let us keep
Stinky the cat
because he really did smell like poop and Runt hated him.

And when the man that ate bunnies came to capture
my 70 and counting,
we hid the cute ones in my closet,
but let him take away the white litter with red eyes.

The only thing on our restaurant menu was noodles and cheese.
Making it's like clockwork and
a slimy noodle pan sits in my apartment sink
three times a week.

We sipped wine on my parents bed
and watched Zenon at 12.
Those Disney originals were priceless but
we sipped too much wine in high school
and forgot almost everything.
Atleast the bad.

Mr. Bridges said 'a sip counts!'
but you weren't the one that threw up in the hallway
at I.C (for the record)
It was Griffin Benson.

And it was Dave Ogden who blew up the
microwave at the 7th and 8th grade dance
when Mariel was too embarrassed that she
didn't grow hair in her armpits.

You can't makeout in a fort.
You can only laugh in a sleeping bag
and watch flashlights bounce off the blankets.

You got sick from 'bad seafood' when we were caught
drinking and you seduced Erik B. at
that weird cool party.

We dove back into your window at 5 a.m
and left for practice at 6.
We sweat out beer to the oldies
and were still more coordinated than those girly buffoons.

We always won everything.
Like the rope climb and
the jumping contest
or the rock record at ESPN zone.

When all of our pretty friends came to your house for
that summer party
we hid on the roof and threw water balloons.
We refused to stop when no one else laughed.

You broke 7 of my mirrors for some odd reason
and maybe the bad luck came that day P.P
told his mom you were a cougar.

I still feel like we're playing college
and drinking because we can't
and we think it's funny.

We probably shouldn't have smoked
cigarettes in 5th grade at the baseball game.
Those prisses cried for us.
But oh well because we cried at your party in the duplex
when you fell asleep watching The Wizard of Oz
and I had to see Becca doing naked cartwheels
in the basement.

I still laugh when I think of you wearing
that Christian singer t-shirt
with only leggings underneath.

No one knows why we watched the Parent Trap
3,000 times.
It wasn't because Lindsey Lohan was cute
or good at faking a British accent

but because in real life she was
just one person playing two-
and so are we.

1 comment:

  1. 1. since ive found this, ive read it probably 20 times.
    2. it makes me cry everytime.
    3. there are no words to describe how much i miss you and childhood (which is you)
    4. why did you post this at 7:51am?
    5. I love you.

    ReplyDelete